So I've just left a 2 day ‘Think Tank’ Mastermind that was held in Las Vegas this past weekend and on the long red-eye flight home this morning I knew I wanted to share with you 3 powerful topics/trends this small group of 15 millionaires discussed that are so in line with your success this year.
First note of business…The ‘old fashioned’ way of doing sales and marketing doesn’t work nor does it feel very good to do them.
Well you’ll be super glad to know that if you focus on the trends below your entire career will Quantum Leap.
1. You’ve Got to Stand Out, Be Unique, & Be Different to Win this Year!
2016 is the year where standing out means you have to be different, not just ‘better’!
There are way to many entrepreneurs in the sea of business owners for you to be content to be like everyone else. The name of the game in 2016 is to standout and be seen.
What makes you and your business Unique?
When I ask this question to my live audiences I usually hear crickets. They don’t know! Heck, I didn’t even know for the longest time until I made the decision to BE different.
Make a Decision to BE Different and you WILL be Different!
***Here’s a tip you can use right away to determine how you need to be different. Create a Survey at www.surveymonkey.com and email it to your friends or post it on your facebook page. It should go something like this…!
“In an effort to be the very Best Business in the Massage Therapy Field I need your help…as one of my friends would you take 5 minutes to answer these 5 simple questions? I would really appreciate it and to show that appreciation your name will be put in a drawing for a $50 gift card to Susie Q’s Ice Cream Shoppe!”
“The Extra Mile Survey”
- If you were to get a massage, what are the top 3 things you would look for when searching for a massage therapist?
- Now, tell me 3 things you wouldn’t expect your massage therapist to do to make your massage experience the best, but if they did you would be over the moon happy about it?
- What are some things your massage therapist could do AFTER the appointment to make you say Wow! they're amazing!
- Are you more apt to get a massage because you got a savings coupon, a personal note, or saw a reminder on social media?
- As a person friend and/or client of mine, what do you think makes me stand out from others in my field? be honest, if its nothing just say that 😉
Review your results, add and implement some of the suggestions into your business and then make sure everyone knows what makes you stand out!
2. Education will Dominate 2016
The public is just as tired of getting generic emails as you are. Stop irritating and start educating your list. When you do that suddenly your messages are more personal and relevant. And as a result, your readers grow more engaged and excited because you keep giving them more of what they care about.
The Key to Success in 2016 is:
Examples might be:
- 3 simple ways I found to add equity in your home
- I just helped 4 clients get a return on investment of 12% this month
- Recent Success Stories
There are still so many entrepreneurs employing the “spray and pray” tactics in an attempt to market to everybody. We see mass marketing quickly losing it’s effectiveness and will eventually fade away
3. You have to really care
Long gone are the days of lip service. Remember the basic understanding that a transaction happens between two people: the buyer and the seller. Not between a seller and 100 people.
- If you stay focused on how to create the best outcome for each person you interact with rather than a mass of people as a whole, you’ll do fine.
- If in your emails, posts and online interactions you make it about individuals as opposed to writing one-size-fits-all blasts, you’ll do fine.
- And if you stay ahead in the sense of doing what is right and what makes sense, you have enormous competitive advantages.
Being a decent person is a rare competitive advantage.
The specifics of what that means may change, but the sentiment hasn’t.
“When you take care of each person you interact with individually, put their needs first, and do well by them, you will do well. “
Caring sets you apart from the crowd.
If you take a real interest in the people you’re trying to serve, it’s not that hard to find them and engage with them. Your success will be due to showing how much you genuinely care.
But keep in mind. No matter what you do, you have to legitimately care, not just pretend to care or do it because that’s what an article told you to.
When you connect and engage with people as individuals, you build real relationships with the people you’re looking to serve. And that’s what becomes the differentiating factor. Great news for you!
Because no matter what’s going on around you, if you focus on understanding your audience or list, serving them at a high level, educating them with information they need when they need it, and making sure you uniquely deliver what they want, you will thrive.
So this year, focus on those 3 things:
- Stand Out
- and Genuinely Care
To Your Life-Changing Success,